15 September 2014

Patriot up!

We have a tale here of a man who attempted to establish a self-sufficient life for himself and his wife.  You know, that whole 'freedom' thing we all like to celebrate.  Well, as far as the local government's concerned...not so much.


I got Cleveland county sherrifs arresting me for walking down the street I live on. I have land I can't live on and nowhere else to go. All my money is wrapped up in this place already, so can't do anything more. Gonna give the goat to my brother, and if he can't take them, I'll sell the pigs cheap to find them a good home.


Rose has been crying all day. I don't know what to say to make her feel it will be okay, because I don't know how to make this okay. I've run out of time, money, options, and faith.


I don't know when I will be able to post again. Or if. Apparently I can live in my car in the State Park if I pay for the electric hookup to be turned on. At least the water is free. But I can't live in a waterproof building on my own land.



Now, one could Monday Morning Quarterback this man, and say that he really didn't think this one through, or do sufficient research, and one might not be wrong.  (And as for the POS who stole his generator:  You'd better get your shit straight, buddy, or eternity is going to be very unpleasant for you.)  However, how many of the issues he's experiencing can be laid directly at the feet of a government that believes it has the right to tell people what they can and cant do, and how they can and can't live, on their own damn property??  This is the "Land of the Free?"  More like the Land of the Fee and the Home of the Slave!


I can't change the world, but at least in this one case, I'm not letting the bastards win.  If you want to kick in, contact info is here at Angel's place.


God bless America...wherever she's gone to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.