09 April 2014

Well, that's depressing.

It's bad enough when you hear Motley Crue and Quiet Riot selling minivans, but this one really threw me for a loop.


I was goth way back in the day.  I listened to stuff you'd never hear in the mainstream, such as the Sisters of Mercy.  About the only exposure they got outside the scene was MTV's 120 Minutes playing the video (remember when MTV played videos?) for "This Corrosion" a couple of times.


So I'm in the grocery store the other day, and "Walk Away" starts playing in my head.  OK, cool...


...and then I realized it wasn't in my head.  It was coming over the speakers in Fry's.





I am officially older than freaking dirt.  Now get off my lawn.

1 comment:

  1. Heh, really. The stuff I grew up with has been playing on the Oldies channel for fifteen years now, at least.

    ReplyDelete

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.