05 May 2011

RedState, McDonald's and motorcycles

Moe Lane at RedState observes that prices have risen a wee bit of late:

So, of course, the White House wants to slap on another tax of your gasoline usage - by the mile. And with tracking devices added to your car so they can make sure that you’re paying the tax. Because the urban academic elitist in the Oval Office right now hasn’t pumped his own gas, taken his own kids to the drive-through, or even probably done his own shopping for years now.
Back in the days of old, when I was kicking it with a couple of dudes named Flintstone and Rubble, I was rollin' the Badass Pimp Ride:  a 1976 Ford LTD station wagon.  (Don't laugh--I lost my cherry in that car.)  With a worn-out 400 motor hauling around two tons of rust, smeg and grot, you know my carbon footprint was visible from space.  Back then, I screamed, bitched and cussed because it took TWENTY DOLLARS to fill the tank on that beast.

I filled up my tank today, and it cost over twenty dollars.  I refer to the tank on my motorcycle.  That's right--filling my ZZ-R1200 cost over twenty dollars.  And the station I filled at was fifty cents per gallon cheaper than some I've seen lately.  No lie.

I just Hope I have some Change left after pouring my entire paycheck into my tank.

2 comments:

  1. Rising gas prices don't effect me. I just put in 20 bucks every time I buy gas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drive an Explorer that hasn't had a FULL tank of gas in over a year. I miss my Harley, but even that was killing me when I went from twelve bucks to well over twenty to fill a 4.5 gallon tank with super gas.

    ReplyDelete

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.