31 March 2012

Language, NSFW. Concept, absolutely imperative.

SF in Babylon has just explained that whole 'freedom' thing in no uncertain terms.  Banish the kids and easily-offended from the room and go read now.


Our focus needs to be on those who have perpetuated a greater sin than lust. I am focused on the sins of those who swore an oath BEFORE GOD, ON A HOLY BIBLE, to defend a document that they subsequently shat on with great malice and foresight. This, and only this, is the fundamental sin that we must concern ourselves with-and indeed, blasphemy before the Lord, giving your word to Him when you don't mean it, is a far more unforgiveable sin than buggering goats. All other issues are wedge issues, jerk off issues, compared to this. Getting all hot and bothered under the collar over a belly shirt or a gangbang is burning the forest for the trees.

Exactly.

Our Lord endowed us with free will for a reason.  We may choose to act in a righteous manner, or not.  Many will choose 'not,' and the consequences of that path may well be dire.  But it's one thing to stray from God's plan...it's another to lie to Him.  And make no mistake, when you swear an oath unto the Lord our God and then break it, you've lied to God.

I'm not pretending to be perfect.  I'm a wretched sinner, just like the rest of mankind.  I'm given to animal impulses and selfish pride, and though I try my best to overcome them, I still fail.  My failure is the reason Christ suffered and died for me, and I do my best to overcome these imperfections.  But it's one thing to give an honest effort and fail--it's another to pay lip service to God with the full intention of ignoring Him for your own selfish ends.

I don't claim to know how seriously SFIB believes in God, and I won't speculate on the level of snark in this post..  I'll simply point out that God is Truth, and truth is where you find it.

Discuss.  I'm ferklempt.

1 comment:

  1. I also think there is a point to be made for practicality.

    You align yourself against kinky sex, you alienate the shockingly large portion of the (especially younger) population. And sexual freedom is important enough to them that they will either opt out or work actively against you. It is a recipe for losing, and a potential rift within Freefor that we need to come to terms with.

    My belief in the almighty, if anyone is curious, most closely resembles Rastafarianism with a dash of HP Lovecraft and Mage the Ascension. I haven't ever decided if what I have is snark or a profound faith. I don't let it bother me.

    ReplyDelete

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.