14 April 2012

These are my people.

Want to know my race?  Learn to spell "AMERICAN."

Herman Cain is my people. He’s my brother-in-arms. I’ve never met him. But we are family. We are kin because we are unhyphenated Americans who are comfortable in the black, brown and yellow skin we are in...

Val Prieto is my people. A fierce, freedom-loving American blogger of Cuban descent, he rejects race-card games and refuses to be lumped in with Hispanic ethnic grievance-mongers...

Allen West, a retired Army lieutenant colonel and freshman congressman from Florida who happens to be black, is my people. Unafraid to skewer progressive sacred cows, he speaks boldly against global jihad and its Fifth Column enablers screaming “Islam-o-phobe!” West has also nailed the Congressional Black Caucus as “a monolithic voice that promotes these liberal social welfare policies and programs that are failing in the black community, that are preaching victimization and dependency; that’s not the way that we should go.”

And Michelle Malkin is my people.  And so is every single proud American who eschews identity politics and respects the rights of the individual.  Color is nothing.  Character is everything.  That's how the real America rolls.

1 comment:

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.