5 Really Depressing Things and then Some Music
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - July 20, ARSH 2013 2:01 PM MST
1. The single most depressing thing to watch is the 36 hour news cycle of the populus. I can't understand it. I can't understand how it is that you people just collectively let massive, massive crimes go as soon as the media spoon-feeds you the next "big story". This has to be a function of the diabolical coupled with God withdrawing His grace. Memory is a gift from God. To choose to not use it, to choose to suppress it is a sin.
2. Um, yeah, it was reported about 48 hours ago (now outside the window, apparently) that the Obama regime has forced all of the Benghazi survivors to sign "non-disclosure agreements", which means all of those people were threatened with their jobs, and perhaps more importantly their PENSIONS, and thus they all, to a man, so far, have ROLLED OVER and SOLD OUT.
THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is why I fear the field grade officers and flag officers in the United States Military. I doubt there is ONE who would call bee-ess and go full bayonet charge if they were so much as threatened with losing their precious, precious pension. "I just have to make it x more years."
No, sweetie. You just need to make it through your Particular Judgment. Which leads to nausea-inducing point number three...
3. All of the FEDGOV pension money is totally being raided. I picked up on a Market-Ticker.org thread that the way the FEDGOV is keeping from "hitting the debt ceiling" is by raiding the TSP accounts, which stand for "Thrift Savings Accounts". Those are all of the retirement accounts of government employees, basically government 401ks. Yeah. The Obama regime raids the TSP accounts, leaves an I.O.U., and it washes out on the balance sheet since it is all "gubmint", and thus the "debt ceiling" is not breached.
Here is a citation on this practice from January.
These morons, including the Benghazi survivors, are selling out in order to salvage their precious, precious pensions which have zero chance of paying out, and the money **may already be gone anyway**. You can't make this stuff up. Centuries from now, you know what historians are going to look back and say? It will be something like, "These people were so bleeping stupid and PATHETIC that they deserved everything they got in spades."
4. Yes, my supernova analogy would have been so much better if I had assumed that the supernova resulted in a black hole, not a white dwarf. Yes. Absolutely. This is all going to end in a black, sucking vortex of subatomic carnage. What was I thinking? Must be the exhaust fumes from the Van Down By The River getting to me.
5. A reader sent in this quote from KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov. A full interview of Bezmenov recorded in the early 1980's (I think) is widely available on YouTube. The regime isn't censoring these things because the vast majority of people are too stupid to listen to anything that lasts more than seven seconds. But, I'll let Bezmenov sum it up. This is the KGB's definition of "ideological subversion":
6. Now something pretty. Sigh.
Think about those first three points. These people are selling out their country, themselves and the Truth...for what? For what anyone with a functioning brain should be able to clearly see is an empty promise.
We are so screwed.