25 September 2010

His bite is worse than his bark

The LawDog drops some science on a gun-grabber.  Read the whole thing here.

The additional spanking at the end counts as a genuine public service to every American.  And so, our small-town Deputy becomes the second recipient of the W&PO Award For Extreme Cleverness.

I hear a lot about "compromise" from your camp ... except, it's not compromise.

Let's say I have this cake. It is a very nice cake, with "GUN RIGHTS" written across the top in lovely floral icing. along you come and say, "Give me that cake."

I say, "No, it's my cake."

You say, "Let's compromise. give me half." I respond by asking what I get out of this compromise, and you reply that I get to keep half of my cake.

Okay, we compromise. Let us call this compromise The National Firearms Act of 1934.

There I am with my half of the cake, and you walk back up and say, "Give me that cake."

I say, "No, it's my cake."

You say, "Let's compromise." What do I get out of this compromise? Why, I get to keep half of what's left of the cake I already own.

So, we have your compromise -- let us call this one the Gun Control Act of 1968 -- and I'm left holding what is now just a quarter of my cake.

And I'm sitting in the corner with my quarter piece of cake, and here you come again. You want my cake. Again...


And the Bayou Renaissance Man weighs in as well, with his usual levelheaded and intelligent perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.