16 September 2010

Yeah...and?

This is just becoming weird.  Here's how the Left thinks it can crush Christine O'Donnell.



Seriously?  You're making a big production out of this?

Let's get something straight:  I am no one's idea of a prude.  I was heavily involved in the BDSM community, the Swinger community, the Renaissance Festival community and the Queer community for over a decade.  I was such a slut they wouldn't let me visit the Virgin Islands.  Though I've settled down these days, in a monogamous relationship with the best woman on Earth, I've been around the block.  A lot.

I have always been, and continue to be, a strong proponent of sexual freedom.  And now I have to tell the Left something I've been trying to drill into Right-wing heads for years:  Freedom means freedom for EVERYBODY.

Not just for you, or people like you, or people who share your particular kink, orientation or worldview.  Everybody.  You either support the right of consenting individuals to do as they wish with other consenting individuals, or you don't support freedom at all--you simply want a tyranny that you agree with.

Ms. O'Donnell made a choice to express her sexuality in a manner fully consistent with how she interprets Biblical teachings.  It is a choice many people don't make.  It's a choice that many people don't even understand.  I wouldn't do it.  But if we maintain that what goes on in our bedrooms is no one else's business, then what does--or does not--go on in Ms. O'Donnell's bedroom ain't our business.  She expressed her opinions on the issues of premarital sex and masturbation.  At no time did I hear her call for an anti-masturbation law(how the hell would you enforce it?  Never mind, I don't want to think about the logistics, they frighten me).  And, seeing as how she's the only candidate in this whole affair that actually respects the Constitution, I doubt she'll find the Constitutionally-enumerated authority to pass one.

If this is all you've got, I think she's going to trounce her Marxist opponent.

1 comment:

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.