03 November 2010

Attention, People's Republik of Kalifornia:

He's baaaaack!


I post this as a warning.  If you are a Kalifornian with a single sane brain cell and/or one last red cent in your pocket, run for your ever-loving life.

I've never been more serious.  Liquidate everything, rent a truck and GTFO of Kalifornia Hell.  Yes, it has beaches and vineyards and forests and mountains and great food and killer dope and funky culture and lots of cool stuff.  I've been there often, and it could have been a great place to live.  Even after they sent us folks like Boxer and Pelosi, even with Berkeley being recognized as an open-air insane asylum, I still had hopes that Kalifornia could come to its senses one day.

It won't.  Kalifornia has now proven that it is insane beyond all hope.  They have just committed electoral suicide, for some reason known only to God.

When I was 10, I moved to a place that was super-cool.  I grew up roaming its streets, eating its food, appreciating all the qualities that made it unique and special.  I spent 25 years there, thinking there was no better place to be, even as it became more ugly, crowded and gentrified.  Even as all the things that made it so wonderful slowly faded away.  The last five years of my stay there were simply based on inertia.  I finally had an epiphany--it wasn't cool any more.  It never would be again, and I could either live there for the rest of my life consumed by bitter memories, or I could strike out and find someplace better.  So I moved to the Sovereign State of Arizona, and never looked back.  I'm much happier now.  :)

Whether or not you're down with the freedom and liberty thing is irrelevant.  Kalifornia is on borrowed time.  It's now a question of when, not if, it will completely implode.

Run while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.