20 November 2010

Not Safe For Work. Or Home. Or Anywhere.

Now that you have your headphones on and have banished the easily-offended from your presence, I present an ageless routine from the late, great Sam Kinison(H/T John Nolte @ Big Breitbart).  There are four more where that came from.




Before you bleeding-heart liberals start screaming, wailing and staging sit-ins, you might want to have all the facts(yes, I know you usually don't care about the facts, but I seriously am trying to keep you from making yourselves look even dumber than usual.  Consider it an early Christmas present).

I started out my adult life broke and homeless.  As in eating out of dumpsters, sleeping under bridges, and doing things to survive that are none of your damn business.  I know whereof I speak.

And, with the perspective that only experience can provide, I can state unequivocally that Mr. Kinison is right.  No one can truly lift you up except you.  If you can't make it in this country, you really are useless.

Don't get me wrong--people did help me out.  And I took that help and ran with it.  I didn't just use it up and hold out my hand for more, because I knew that no one owed me anything just because of my existence.  I did more for myself than any charity or government ever could.

There are people that are too mentally or physically scrambled to survive on their own.  This is unfortunate, and neither myself nor the overwhelming majority of Americans have any issues with voluntarily helping people in that situation.  Sometimes, life hands you an ass-kicking you can't avoid.  We've all been there, or we're going to be, and most of us will gladly help out those who've been temporarily knocked down.  But most of the "poor" and "homeless" in this country are in their situation due to their own stupidity and/or indifference.  You can call me whatever names you want, that won't make my statement any less true. 

If these people don't care enough about their lives to better themselves through their own efforts, why should I?  If they refuse to provide for themselves, why should the rest of us carry them?  Even in the tribal societies that so many on the Left idolize, everyone contributed something.  If you expected a free ride, you'd find yourself left out in the wild to die.  So, why did these tribes know more than we?  Why do we continue to support a growing class of people who contribute nothing to those who make their lives possible?  Why aren't more people standing up for the Productive Class?  Because they're afraid to say what's really on their minds.  So I'll say it for them.

I have no sympathy for the 'poor.'  Yes, I said it, and yes, I meant it.  When you speak of 'poor' in America, you're talking about people who have televisions, cell phones, electricity, indoor plumbing and maybe even a car.  When was the last time any able-bodied person starved to death in this country?  When was the last time an American died of malaria, or any one of a number of diseases that America has rendered irrelevant in the Western world?  When was the last time an American was compelled to sell their children into slavery?  When you consider the state of affairs around the planet, the poorest person in America would be living large by the standards of much of the rest of the globe--and especially by the standards of much of history.

Free minds and free markets are the best thing to happen to anyone who cares to participate.  And if you don't want to participate, that's your problem...and your responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.