09 January 2012

The gun community--what it's all about.

Welcome A Girl And Her Gun to the Infinite Blogroll.  Because this.

In the past 10 months, I have gained so much more than the ability to line my front site on the target.

This group has welcomed me when I had absolutely nothing to offer them.

I was empty.

I was broken.

I need things I was too weak to even know I needed.

I came here desperate and searching.

Day by day this community, these gun people, bult me up.

They never once pretend to be anything other than exactly who they are.

They didn't try to wrap themselves up in a pretty little package to draw me in.

They didn't use smoke and mirrors and they never, not once, lied to me.

They told me things I didn't want to hear.  They showed me things I didn't want to see.  They made me face thing I didn't want to face.

All while holding my hand and guiding me and nurturing me and givng me a safe place to grow.

They wanted me to grow.

They wanted me to be stronger.

They wanted me to be able to depend on myself.

They gave me everything they had, so I wouldn't need them any more.

They gave me tools and guidance, so that I could soar and each and every time I took a step forward, they have been there, to say, good for you.  Job well done.

They did this, not because of me.

Not because I am something special.

They did it because they are special.

No, ma'am.  We're not special.  We just do our best to bring out the often-hidden special qualities of humanity, because we have to.  Because it's the right thing to do.

We know this.  How come so many 'smart' people don't?

1 comment:

  1. Because the smart people are too busy showing off how smart they are, and if they get out of their 1/8" comfort zone they have to start attacking others to regain superiority.

    ReplyDelete

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.