02 January 2012

You do WHAT at the grocery store?

I say Grace.  Really.

It never ceases to amaze me that I can walk into a building--one of many in my town--full of fresh produce, milk, cheese and foods from all around the world that wouldn't have been available at any price to anyone not so many years ago.  Further, with a bit of coupon-clipping and smart shopping, I can buy enough groceries to fill the back seat of Mrs. Wraith's Rogue for less than a day's pay.

So, when we leave the store, we always pause a moment to give thanks to the Lord our God, for the blessings He has bestowed upon us.  We live in the greatest country on Earth, with a standard of living never before enjoyed by anyone, at any time in all of human history.  And too many people don't even know it.

Just a little perspective.  Happy New Year, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Best read all day. Although I do object to the "nonpolitical" label. The prosperous conditions you describe are sustained by one of the two competing political philosophies on the field in 2012.

    d(^_^)b
    http://libertyatstake.blogspot.com/
    "Because the Only Good Progressive is a Failed Progressive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, bro. And you're correct about Conservatism sustaining the wonders of America, but I reserve the "Political" label for things like my more-specific rants regarding the Oppressives. And the horse they rode in on. And its mother. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.