14 August 2013

Amen.

Actually I’m sick of “race,” period.

Yep, me too.  I don't want to think about race.  I don't give a chrome-plated crap about race.  I resent people pushing it in my face and blaming everything bad that's ever happened to anyone on RAAAAAACIIISSM!!

I am color-blind.   I do not care.  When I first read Dr. King's proposal of judging people by character over color, I was all like, "DUH."  Why would you judge someone by what they are, rather than who they are?

I'm not keeping anyone down.  I don't want to keep anyone down.  I want every single individual human being on Earth to be the best they can possibly be, for their own benefit, the benefit of the human race as a whole, and the glory of our Creator God.  Of course, there will be honest competition, and that's a good thing.  But the only thing keeping any of us down--regardless of color, gender or hairstyle--is ourselves.  We can all be better than we are today.  We can all improve ourselves and our station in life.  We can all overcome our personal trials and setbacks.  All of us.

And the best way to do that is to focus on changing ourselves, not blaming everyone else for our own mistakes.  That goes for everybody.

Welcome Theolitics to TIPB.  Because this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.