28 August 2013

Heading for the dustbin of history

Folks, whether you like it or not, money makes the world go 'round.  Deal.

America has been the bedrock of the world economy for generations.  Ever since national credit ratings were established, we were AAA--rock solid.  Now, under the administration of Our Glorious Lightbringer, we've taken at least two downgrades in our credit rating, and we're likely headed for a third pretty soon.  But who cares, right?  We're America!!  F*ck yeah!!  The world can't do squat without us, right?

Think again.  Take a look at what the tyranny of this administration's IRS is bringing upon us...

Surely a significant European bank must do some business in the USA, I asked. Can the world’s largest economy really be so onerous that you truly want nothing whatsoever to do with it?

Well he was rather guarded and he knew I was a blogger, which I suspect made him a bit uneasy at the prospect of being quoted, which is why I am naming no names. But to paraphrase the reply I coaxed out of him, it was “yes, the USA is simply not worth the trouble and so rather than complying with their endless diktats and the uncertainties of what are increasingly capricious rules… well… there is a whole great big world out there for us to do business with that does not include the United States.”

Yet I suspect the powers-that-be in Washington could not care less and moreover the notion that sophisticated foreign bankers are starting to see American not as the land of opportunity, but as a place to be avoided at all costs, would strike them as preposterous. Indeed had I not had those documents laid in front of me asking me to attest to a complete lack of economic links to the USA or anything associated with the USA that the US state might claim extraterritorial jurisdiction over… well, I would not have believed it myself.

Bold text is mine.  RTWT.  This collection of self-important douchebags will be the death of this country, both at home and on a planetwide scale.

God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.