15 January 2011

Beat and Release

Beat and Release: Why I love this guy.

I've said it before, I will say it again - if and when the order comes down from on high to disarm, engage, attack and detain the law-abiding citizens of this country, every law enforcement officer and military person of all ranks will have to make a very serious decision. In other words, will they be able to look deep inside themselves and resolve the conflict presented when the orders given conflict with the oath they have taken to support and defend the Constitution of the United States? In light of the past few presidencies, our court system insisting on incorporating foreign legal precedents in their decisions, activist judges and politicians of all parties attempting to limit our "God given and inalienable" rights this scenario becomes more likely with each passing day.
I keep a handy little pocket Constitution and related content in a very conspicuous place on my desk. When I was in patrol it was prominently displayed in my cruiser. I thank the politician who sent the small book out as part of his campaign. Very soon I will need to replace it as it is well read and getting a bit dog-eared. Being quite familiar with the contents of the Constitution and the Amendments I have no problem declaring publicly where my loyalties will lie should it become necessary to rise up and re-install the Republic my ancestors fought to establish.

Fellow officers and those in the military who choose to take the unconstitutional path will be enemies of the States and traitors to the Republic and as such will be considered combatants. I tend to be pragmatic and honest about the whole situation. If I'm having beers over a fire with fellow officers and military neighbors tonight and the subject comes up, I will tell those who claim they would follow unconstitutional orders that as much as I like them I would have to consider them enemy combatants attempting to usurp the powers granted to the people. A military coup will not be well tolerated by a significant portion of the citizenry. I would feel a momentary twinge of regret as I put two in the chest and one in the head of each of them, but it isn't something I would lose any sleep over.
That, my friends, is what a cop an American is supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.