28 June 2010

OK, this DOES call for a funky end zone dance

By a 5-4 decision, the Second Amendment is finally recognized across the board as an individual right. WOO HOO!

The right to keep and bear arms (RKBA) is recognized as a "fundamental right," which places it on par with freedom of speech and freedom of religion, among others.

Well, no duh. I've only been telling people this since about five seconds after I learned what the Constitution was. I had no idea how much I'd been stressing over this ruling until I heard the news today. To quote a favorite author of mine, "It was as though a great express train had been lifted from my testicles."

I'm celebrating both this decision and Independence Day by ordering four more magazines for my carry piece. At least our Supreme Court remains the sole guardian of our Constitution...

...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.