28 September 2012

Call off the Search & Rescue teams...

...I'm still alive.  I've just been too fried to post a lot, since I just worked 56 hours this week.  I know it doesn't sound like much to some, but bear in mind I have a 90-mile commute on each end of the day.  When you leave for work at 0300 and get back at 2230, you're pretty much out of time to post anything--at least anything coherent.

And for this, I am truly grateful

I thank God every day for the job I have.  I thank Him for the opportunity to earn a good living through honest work.  I thank Him for the great people I work with, for the wonderful folks I meet during the course of my day, for the spellbinding scenery that I get to drive through and appreciate.  I thank Him, also, for the unpleasant people I encounter, as they help me develop my capacity for patience and understanding, which helps me be a better person and a better Christian.

I used to be one of those people who bitched about their job and their life, and only saw the downside of those things.  Now, when someone asks, "How's it going?" I respond, "Another day in Paradise!"

...and I mean it.  Sincerely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.