20 January 2012

Thoughts on the GOP Final Four...

...aka, "How the Wraith prefers his crow prepared."

Well, well.  It's come down to four candidates for the GOP nomination.  A guy I told to piss off, a dyed-in-the-wool DeceptiCon, someone I called a non-starter, and a guy I used to support until I started fully analyzing the consequences of some of his positions.  Let's take a look at...

Newt Gingrich:  Wow.  This guy is kicking ass and taking names.  Yes, he has a bit of baggage(and so does everyone, myself included), but much of that baggage seems to be the usual LSM smoke and mirrors.  Upon further contemplation, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he learned something from the collapse of the last Republican Revolution.  He seems to have a sound position on finances, and he knows how (and to whom) to delegate authority.

Rick Santorum:  OK, he's a bit too socially conservative for my taste.  Dude really needs to learn the difference between 'morality' and 'government.'  To attempt to legislate morality is to deny God's gift of free will, and will ultimately lead to stagnation and failure.  Still, I'm willing to back him for two reasons.  One, between Congress and public opinion, he won't be able to do very much in that regard.  Two, I can trust him.  He says what he means and means what he says, regardless of polls and popularity.  I can work with a guy like that, far more than someone who tells me what I want to hear and goes back on it two minutes later.

Ron Paul:  We shall, for the moment, leave aside his disastrous foreign policy and his 9/11 Trutherism.  That old White guy supported by the White-Power group Stormfront, with a history of profiting from racist newsletters written in his name?  Yeah, let's run him against The Historic And Unprecedented First half-Black President and his lapdog "RAAAAACIST!!!" media.  What could possibly go wrong??

Mitt Romney:  DUDE. (facepalm)

So there you have it.  I'll back Gingrich without a problem.  I'll back Santorum with reservations.

Otherwise... #writeinSarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.