15 August 2011

Repo International

I must admit, my wife has me addicted to the show "Repo Games."  But the process of repo-ing cars and motorcycles pales in comparison to repo-ing jet planes all over the world.
'To prevent a catastrophic accident I had no choice but to turn the plane into the jungle. I shut down the systems and I directed the crew to the aft doors – at least they would get home. I looked out of the cockpit window and saw soldiers spilling out of the trucks and jeeps. I can see soldiers are underneath the plane, taking out bayonets and stabbing the fuel cells. I kick the door open and am yelling at them, but they don’t stop, so I jump down. One is just about to stab the fuel cell next to the number two engine, and I go to push him out of there because that’s a valuable commodity, and that’s it… something massive hit me in the side of the head and I lost consciousness.

‘The next thing I remember is waking up in jail – my face was the size of a watermelon; I was just black and blue. I don’t know what they got me with. The dirt cell was like a human pigsty with 35 guys, one toilet and no roof and the hot sun beating down on us. I had no idea how I got there or where I was; none of my crew was there.

‘It was probably a day or two before the guy from the consulate came. He said, basically, you’re screwed – they want $100,000 to let you go. That was hell.’
These guys have balls the size of Pratt & Whitney motors.  RTWT--it's a fascinating look at the high end of the repossession industry.  A minor episode of 'Shaniqua Theater' pales in comparison to facing down the local banana republic's carbines.

(HT BRM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.