17 August 2010

A humble apology

The video below has been going viral, and it got me to thinking about my misspent youth.

I never was a true Leftist, but I used to lean that way. Growing up a punk rocker in the Reagan Era, I believed all the lies and propaganda about how horrible he was; how his was an imperialist, greedy, Christofacist regime; how he was going to lead us into nuclear war...in short, the usual Leftist narrative concerning anyone who disputes their evil agenda.

Now that my eyes are open, and I think for myself rather than regurgitating propaganda, I realize exactly how wrong I was for so long. So it is with bended knee and a humbled heart that I tender my utmost apologies to the late President Ronald Wilson Reagan.

Mr. President, I am truly sorry for believing the lies of your opponents. I wish that I had understood your love of freedom and America from the beginning. Following your advice and example would have made my own life much better, had I only listened. You are truly one of the greatest Americans in history, and hopefully you can set an example for your countrymen to this day. You definitely have in my case.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry.




Anyway, here's the video. Pass it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.