12 October 2011

Blogroll update: The 53%

OK, you folks all need to read this now.  Just read it, and know that we're not lost yet. 

I currently drive a truck.  Over the course of my life, starting out broke and homeless at the age of 18, I've washed dishes, delivered newspapers, worked fast food, telemarketed(mea culpa), changed tires, run forklifts and done lots of things that are none of your damn business to earn a living.

Did you get that?  Earn a living.  I've done a lot of things, but thinking that someone owes me one damn thing has never been one of them.  I've made mistakes; mistakes that set me back quite a ways, but I never asked anyone to bail me out.

I ran up $20K in credit card debt.  The 'why' is immaterial.  I went into consolidation and paid it off after 4.5 years.  I didn't throw a temper tantrum about how mean the credit card companies were for expecting me to pay what I owed.  (But I still say, 'F@ck BoA.'  Long story.)

I've run up student loans of over $30K in three separate schools, and paid them all off--including the one which was essentially a ripoff.  Why?  Because I agreed to it.  You pays your money and you takes your chances.  (Ironically, the cheapest school has given me the most lucrative career.) 

It's called 'personal responsibility,' and I've got it.  I admire others who have it.  And I'm flat-out disgusted with people who not only don't have it, but wouldn't recognize it if it pissed in their latte.

I am the 53%.  No one owes me a damn thing.

And guess what, you Wall Street Occupiers?  No one owes you anything, either.  If it weren't for nasty capitalism and the eeeeevil corporations, you wouldn't be able to survive as the brain-dead ingrates you are.  So post that on your iPad, you entitlement-poisoned, halfwit spoiled brats.  Then take a shower and get a job.

(HT iOTW)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.