08 April 2015

An ironic musical 3-fer

Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh, cry or have another beer.

pssht***glug glug glug***uurrrrrrpp

OK, well, that settled that question.  Anyway, the point I was getting to was the tragicomic irony of the state of America today.  Y'all remember when metal and punk music were all about rebellion?  Do you?  That the whole point was to stand tall and give the bird to The Man?  And now, the kids that grew up on this music have become The Man, and the results are horrific. 

I beseech my fellow Americans of a Conservative and/or Libertarian bent...listen to these lyrics, and try to tell me they don't speak to your hearts:

Jealous cowards try to control!
They distort what we say!
Try and stop what we do!
When they can't do it themselves!



Is that not a perfect representation of what we're facing?  Makes you want to say something like this:

Oh, you're so condescending
Your gall is never ending
We don't want nothin' 
Not a thing from you!

Your life is trite and jaded,
Boring and confiscated,
If that's your best,
Your best won't do!



 I don't know what happened, but I'm thinking we're heading for this.  God help us all.

I don't care
What you say
We never played by the same rules
Anyway
I won't be there anymore
Get outta my way
Let me by
I got better things to do with my time
I don't care anymore...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.