06 July 2011

"But they're not all like that!"

The inspiration for today's post comes from our Leftist buddy mikeb302000,  a gentleman who's garnered himself quite an online reputation.  Hey, maybe his visits will end up boosting my ratings in the Vast Right Wing Blogosphere.  Sweet!

Anyway, the whole thing started a couple of posts back, with this comment...

Well the first way you deal with it is to stop exaggerating (lying). Christians don't always react with a peaceful protest. You and your hero Ann B., for example preach a much more aggressive approach. The other thing is naturally, all Muslims are not like you describe.

Use your head, man. Wake up out of you psychotic fantasy.
The emphasis above is mine, since I'll be coming back to that sentence momentarily.  I just have to wake up out of my "psychotic fantasy" that there is a Jihadist movement bent on imposing their religious law and values on the rest of us.


OK, I took 12 ounces of my delicious, well-hopped meds and I think I'm sane now.  Let's get out the lighter fluid and have the fire extinguisher ready--we're gonna burn down a straw man!  (OK, it may not be up to the caliber of Burning Man, but we're on a budget here at W&PO, and beer ain't cheap these days.)

First off, regular readers with at least the observational skills of my cat may have noticed that I use the term "Jihadist" when I refer to what is commonly known as a "Radical Islamist,"  "Muslim Extremist" and/or "Terrorist Asshole."  There is a reason for this, namely that I don't believe every single Muslim is completely dedicated to the overthrow of Western civilization.  Perhaps I'm wrong--it's difficult to know for sure.  But I'm not ready to take that final step in condemning an entire faith.  Mikey, I will assume that you simply didn't notice the distinction.  I'd hate to believe you were being intellectually dishonest--that would just shatter my faith in humanity.

Are all Muslims Jihadists?  Well, that may well be the wrong question.  First, let's take a look at the words of a man who actually does appear to be a moderate Muslim, and who is speaking out against Jihadism.

“Most studies have shown the violent radical Islamists are 3 to 5 percent,” he said. “The vast majority of Islamists are peaceful people who believe in democracy and want to see elections happen. But 30 to 40 percent of all Muslims probably believe that the best state is one that is run by an emir or a caliph and is based on Islamic law, but they believe it in a nonviolent way. Our mission is to wake them up; but the non-Islamists are losing the battle because nobody is supporting us. The Islamists are being supported by petrodollars.”

Please RTWT, as there's a lot of good stuff in that article.  Emphasis is mine.

Let's take the low end, and say that only 3%* of all Muslims are Jihadists.  Islam claims a worldwide following of 1.57 Billion and rising.  Three percent of that works out to...47.1 million Jihadists.  47,100,000 people who--at least in their minds--are commanded by Allah to destroy all faith but Islam, annihilate all law but shari'a, and establish a global Caliphate regardless of what they have to do or who they have to kill.

To put that in context, only sixteen million Americans fought in WWII.  So, forgive me if I don't consider three times that number to be an insignificant threat.

But wait, there's more!  You also get the Turnip Twaddler and not one but TWO Pita Pounders absolutely FREE if you call in the next 10 minutes!!  One must also consider the "aid and comfort" factor.  To explain this, I shall use the example of "One-Percenter" outlaw motorcycle clubs.  (No, I'm not going to tell you how I know this stuff.  Just keep reading.)

Most of the guys in outlaw motorcycle clubs (hereafter called "MC's") aren't really bad guys.  The majority of them just like to get loaded, get laid and ride their bikes.  A pointless life, true, but they could be doing something far worse, like writing for HuffPo.  The thing we have to consider for our purposes is The Code.  The Code varies in the details between MC's, but the general theme is this:
Every patch (man wearing your club's insignia) is your brother.  No matter who he is, where he's from, how long you've known him, whether you like him or not.  He is your brother, and you will treat him as such.  You do not lie to your brother, you do not steal from your brother, you do not bang your brother's ol' lady, and you will back up your brother to the end, right or wrong, no matter what.  And you never, ever, narc out your brother to anyone.
That's how every MC treats their fellow club members.  But if you're not in the club?  Screw you, buddy.  If you wear another MC's patch, you're lesser.  If you're not in the outlaw scene at all?  You're nothing.  They'll lie to you, steal from you, whatever--you simply don't count as a real person to them.

That's the same vibe of Islam.  Whether you agree with what your fellow Muslim is up to, or not...you do not narc him out to the infidel.  "My brother, right or wrong."  Nearly all followers of Islam will close ranks against all non-Muslims, whatever the circumstances.  Our judicial system calls this "accessory after the fact," but whatever name you put on it, it points to an enormous de facto support network for the Jihadist movement. 

I wish it weren't this way.  If Islam didn't command its followers to practice deception to further its advancement, I'd be willing to take every Muslim at his/her word.  Sadly, we've found that this is not possible.  So, either you stand, one hundred percent in word and deed, against Jihadism...or we're going to have to assume you support it.

I've made no secret about my absolute revulsion to the deeds of folks like Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Jerks.  I take great pains to inform folks that my Lord and Savior doesn't roll like that, and if they--or any so-called "Christian" group--were planning to spread death and destruction, I'd be falling all over myself to help bring them to justice.**  Until Islam adopts this attitude through and through(ie; a Reformation.  Not quite as much of an Epic Win as every Muslim accepting Christ, but WTF, I'll take it), the fact that they're 'not all Jihadists' is meaningless. 

What matters is where their loyalties lie. 


*If you didn't get the irony there...never mind.  ;)
**  Just because you carry a cross and claim to be a Christian, that doesn't give you a free pass with me.  I gave my life to Christ, not those who claim to follow Him.  If you don't know the difference, I suggest you learn.

1 comment:

Intelligent commentary is welcome. Spam will be annihilated. Stupidity will be mocked.